Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chic at Fashion Week

I was telling someone recently that I will never be photographed by one of the fashion week street photographers.  I don't wear "fierce" shoes as my friend Jessica calls them or crazy outfits but that doesn't mean I can't photograph some of them.  I recognized French style blogger Garance Doré when I was leaving the tents at Lincoln Center Sunday and couldn't resist taking her photo. I also couldn't resist photographing some of my favorite editors before, during and after the Oscar de la Renta show Wednesday. 

The editors at Vogue including Tonne Goodman with her back to me always look simple and chic unlike all the overly dressed up and accessorized fashion bloggers this week.

How could I not take a photo of the most famous red hair in fashion?!

Hamish Bowles and Anna Wintour chat before Oscar de la Renta.  She only wears the dark sunglasses during the fashion shows.

Susan Tabak stopped Vogue Nippon editor Anna Dello Russo for her own photo op.

Only Anna can get away with a headdress of giant gold cherries!

I love the flash of red as she walked away.

I also caught fashion blogger Hanneli Mustaparta shooting Dani Stahl of Nylon magazine on the street today. It seems that everywhere you look this fashion week there is a blogger with a camera. Cathy Horyn of The New York Times had an interesting opinion on this phenomenon in More Than Meets the iPhone Lens.  But as we in the blogging world know, if you don't photograph it or tweet about it, it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment