Monday, November 1, 2010

Olympia

I haven't added any new music to my iPod in a while but I think I will definitely be buying Olympia by Bryan Ferry today.  If there is one musician who is the epitome of chic, it's Bryan Ferry.  Almost all of the albums for his group Roxy Music had gorgeous women on the cover, most of whom he dated, and he continues the tradition on this solo album, minus the dating part.  Kate Moss was photographed by Adam Whitehead but Mr. Ferry helped style her and even personally chose the jewels.  It is an homage to Manet's Olympia and you can watch the behind the scenes video on Bryan Ferry's website.  There is also a great interview with him in the November issue of UK Harper's Bazaar which mentions that Tom Ford called Bryan Ferry "the ultimate style icon."  I will also have to say that Olympia looks pretty iconic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment