Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Charming Mr. Blahnik

I love when I'm looking for one thing and I find something even better in the process. In this case, it was photographs of Manolo Blahnik at his beautiful Georgian house in Bath, England by Ivan Terestchecnko.   He shares this house with his collection of books and about 10,000 pairs of shoes that bear his name.  He most enjoys spending time in his garden and one has to wonder if that is what inspires his more fanciful designs.  I especially love the classic English colors of the rooms and the slightly cluttered look that is quintessentially English.  Most of the woman who buy his shoes tell him that they make them happy but I have a feeling that Mr. Blahnik would say that his home is what makes him happy. 













Photos by Ivan Terestchenko via Style Frizz

No comments:

Post a Comment