Thursday, February 4, 2010

NYIGF: Final Wrap Up

Since the New York International Gift Fair ended yesterday, I thought maybe I should try to finish up my coverage as well. I've pulled together some photos of my favorite booths and items that I saw on Sunday. I tend to look at everything from different perspectives such as, what would I buy if I had a store, what do I want for myself, and what would work for my design projects. I also judge the companies their booth itself. I always love it when the booth is styled well and makes me stop for a closer look. Enjoy!

Bunny Williams debuted new pieces and colors for her BeeLine Home with a blue backdrop that looked a lot like the color she used in her Kips Bay Decorator Show House room last year!

I was excited to see Tokyo Milk at the gift show. The packaging is just as fabulous as their products!

I also love the Tokyo Milk signage!

Bell’Invito stationery always makes me drool! The lining papers are beyond beautiful!

A darker side of chic at Oly!

The color combination of these Design Legacy chairs caught the eye of both me and my friend Kevin! The rug is kind of cool too!

Pick your framed animal, vegetable or mineral at Pheromone!

The colorful vases in all different shapes and sizes from Middle Kingdom are great for accessorizing and styling design projects!

I love how the numbered plates look against the blue wall in the Christopher Jagmin Design booth.

Blue and white is always in style at Two’s Company.

This display at Oly had me dreaming of spring and Easter!

This blue peacock china from Iittala, Inc. looked especially beautiful and unique in person.

Birds and colorful poofs in the popular John Derian booth.

The stationery at Jack & Lulu reminds me of colorful candy!

I loved all the light upholstery against the dark walls in this other vignette at Oly.

Unfortunately Vie Luxe owner Margorie Gubelman was attending the Grammys instead of manning her booth! And I know that because I was following her tweets!

The fabulous flowers from Diane James Home always look amazingly real! And the boxwood hedging is great for hiding ugly terrace views!

This bedroom at Oly is pretty in pink. I think the mirrored bed frame might be new because I don't remember seeing it before but I can already think of a perfect project for it!

I always love these collages of vintage documents at Time Frame.

As you know, I love anything gold and shiny and especially this bench and stools from Worlds Away!

These gold and painted pieces at Waylande Gregory Studios also caught my eye! They have a Kelly Wearstler vibe going on!

The linens and homewares at Home, James were fun and colorful and perfect this upcoming summer.

I thought Magenta, Inc. had a lot of great colorful pieces as well.

As an Aries, I think I need that pillow from Jonathan Adler. Or maybe they can just send me one. Hint, hint.

The mirrors at Made Goods are always chic including this one made of shells! I'm liking the blue Buddha too!

I'll conclude my coverage of the New York International Gift Fair with a little more brass from Worlds Away. I'm loving the this alternative to the expensive Warren Platner table. I'm glad so many of you enjoyed my look at the show. I also know some of you are ready for me to move on so don't worry, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled coverage of other topics tomorrow!

All photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment