Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Find

If you can't make it to New York to shop at Housing Works, now Housing Works can come to you in the form of their new book, The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. The book is chock full of great photos, wonderful stories and advice from an array of designers. My friend David Jimenez is featured in his very own chapter devoted to how he filled his Kansas City home with a mix of new pieces, antiques and thrift store find. David was in town for the party this week as was interior designer and Turquoise blog writer Vanessa De Vargas who is not only talented but ridiculously beautiful in person. I'm really picky about my design books and I can honestly say that this one is really well done and I highly recommend it. Just be warned that after looking through it, you are going to want to hit the nearest thrift shop or flea market. I know I did and am currently unpacking my fabulous finds! Happy reading and shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment