Monday, November 3, 2008

Downtown with David

This past Saturday was a beautiful day in more ways than just the weather. I had the pleasure of spending it with my favorite Kansas City resident, David Jimenez! David actually grew up in New York and if Ron Marvin and I have our way, we're going to figure out a way for him to come back or at least visit more often! We had a fabulous day that started out with brunch at Freemans with Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts...ok, they were actually at their own table but it was still a fun celebrity sighting. The place is always packed but the food is worth the wait!

Then we had to stop into Freemans Sporting Club where David didn't much convincing to buy the chic bag above. It is made exclusively for the shop out of fabric they make hunting clothes from and has a lock they use on bank money bags but the best part is the bright orange lining!

Plaid shirts just in time for the winter chill!

Freemans, the store, carries a beautiful array of new and vintage items and if you need a shave or a haircut, there is a barbershop in the back room!

I also made David pop into Club Monaco which he doesn't have in Kansas City. Club Monaco carries a great selection of men's and women's clothing that is fashion forward without being too trendy.

David picked up a great pair of black and white plaid pants for the holidays and I went back on Sunday and picked up the grey flannel dress that I had admired!
Unfortunately, George and Jon of Flair were in Italy this weekend, rough life! But we still stopped in to check out their new selections. The lamp in the window above is completely crazy but for some reason, I totally love it!

The art is always my favorite thing in Flair and I might have to get them to take me on the next buying trip!

I swear I did take a photo with David but it came out a little blurry that's why he's the model in every shot! Other stops that were not documented included John Derian (fab as always!), the New Museum to see the Elzabeth Peyton exhibition (beyond gorgeous in person!), Tory Burch (great for inspiration), Ciao Bella for gelato (yummy!), Double RL for more vintage (saw photog Bruce Weber), Muji for paper (perfect for to do lists) and finally to The Mercer (talk about good people watching!) for some much needed drinks. I had so much fun showing David all my favorite haunts. I hope you visit some of them too the next time you are downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment