Tuesday, May 20, 2008

domino, derian, decoupage and drinks!

Domino magazine, John Derian and Bergdorf Goodman are three of my favorite things and tonight they all converged at the Domino hosted event at BG to launch John's new furniture line! The party was packed to the gills with stylish New Yorkers and designers so it was hard to take photos but I managed a few. I was also finally able to meet some of the fabulous ladies behind Domino magazine in person including editor-in-chief Deborah Needleman who could not have been nicer! The whole team is beyond amazing including PR Director, Amy Peck, who is always so sweet to invite me to events.
John's new line is based on some of his most cherished antiques and even though they are new, they have a wonderful vintage quality to them. But of course, I wouldn't expect anything less than perfection from the man of the hour.

The 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman is a jewel box space filled with amazing home accessories including a huge display of John's decoupage trays and paperweights.

The display of Astier de Villate was so beautiful that I wanted to buy every piece!

I was having a great time at the party but had to head home early to finish my first story for Domino!!! I pitched some ideas to the editors a few months ago and they actually like one of them so I got to write it! I'm very excited and can't wait to see the finished product in the August issue. Until then, I will be pouring over the June/July issue that is full of the most amazing summer homes! I'm so ready for summer now! Thanks Domino!!!

Katie Lee Joel and her Nate Berkus designed home is on the cover and featured inside and I have to admit that I loved it...even if she did have to marry a man 32 years older than her to get it. Did I just say that out loud? Oh well, you know you were thinking it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment