Monday, November 19, 2007

New Blogger Friend


I remember when Ronda at All the Best first profiled my blog, she said felt like she had stumbled on a kindred spirit in the blogging world and that's how I felt when I stumbled upon Maison21! Christian May started his blog just like all of us to give himself a place to discuss all of his obsessions so as not to continue to bore his friends any longer. I know everyone will be glad that he did. His blog is witty and informative and if you need to know how to clean chrome, Christian is your go-to guy.

"I'm just a interior decorating obsessive with a lifelong vintage furniture shopping addiction (seriously, when I got my drivers license as a teen, my very first solo driving expedition was to the salvation army). I went back to school (product design) as an adult and took an internship with a high end residential design firm which led to getting hired and leaving school. I've been fortunate to work on some incredibly fantastic projects while working for other designers, a few of which have been published (one of my first projects as an intern was to design a mantle surround to showcase a giant Dubuffet painting. I had to pinch myself). Now I mostly sell the tchotchkes and do the occasional design job, indulging both my passions. I get to work surrounded by pretty things every day, who could ask for more?

Christian sells fabulous antiques on eBay and out of his garage that I must say looks better than the inside of most people's homes. He also recently sold a bunch of blanc de chine-esque and brass pieces to David Hoey, Bergdorf's display guru, and he thinks some of the items might have made it into the new Tony Duquette inspired holiday windows. And if that's not enough to impress you, he also once attended a private birthday party at Dawnridge. Even though most of the original furnishings were gone by that time, he said it was still amazing and memorable. See, I told you you would like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment