Sunday, November 18, 2007

Duquette Inspired?

I was going to promise that this is my last Tony Duquette related post but I don't think I can make any guarantees. There is just so much to talk about where Mr. Duquette is concerned. I came across the photo above of one of his nameless interiors and I was struck by the framed Asian painting or wallpaper on the left side of the room and the pagoda and vases of pink flowers that stand on the table beneath it. I kept thinking I had seen something very similar and then I realized it was on the cover of Michael S. Smith's Elements of Style book. I know that are not a perfect match but it's funny how much they looked alike. Michael's book is actually one design book I don't own so I'm not sure if he admits to a Duquette inspiration or if it was just a coincidence. Either way, I think it's interesting and inspiring none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment