Friday, November 16, 2007

Amaze Me!


I stopped by Bergdorf Goodman today to check and see if they had the regular Tony Duquette book for sale early. Alas, they did not and I couldn't justify buying myself the $250 limited edition version right before the holidays but I did peruse the book. In it, there was a great photo of an elephant that Tony Duquette created for the Beverly Hills boutique window display for legendary fashion designer Adrian in 1952. Duquette said of the working relationship, "there was no budget. I had carte blanche. I never had a client like that before." Apparently, Adrian's only directive was "amaze me!" And all I can say is that not only was Tony Duquette amazing but so are the windows that were inspired by him! I still can't get over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment