Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Absolutely Beautiful Hotel: Chateau Les Merles


Recently, Anna over at Absolutely Beautiful Things profiled the most gorgeous hotel in France, Chateau Les Merles, that I am absolutely drooling over. I'm sure all of you saw her post but the hotel's website has so many more beautiful photos online that I just had to share some of them. I hope Anna doesn't mind. I also thought it would a perfect follow up to Andree Putman.

As you have probably realized by now, I'm a total sucker for period details mixed with modern furnishings and Chateau Les Merles with the help of Dutch designer Joris van Grinsven more than delivers. It is now completely and utterly alone at the top of my must visit list!

I LOVE the hand door knocker above and the punch of color on the chairs below. The photographer wasn't credited on the Chateau's website but he should be because he or she has a great eye for composition!

The white slip covers lend a casual relaxed atmosphere to what could have been a very austere room and the light wood colored armoire softens up the black and white palette.

I love the chalk board labels in the wine storage room below, as well as the graphic pattern of the square bins and round bottles.

I was surprised to learn that the Chateau had a golf course, which I think would make a fun couples trip. Of course, I'd be laying out by the pool and drinking some of that wine while everyone else was out chasing a little white ball. You didn't really think I played sports did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment